So… phantasmagorical? We’re testing out synonyms for awesome. Perhaps jaw-dropping, mind-blowing, or just plain amazing would have been better? Either way, you’re here! And it’s good that you are. Below are 7 really important stats to know about inbound marketing.
Before we start off on our magnificent 7, though, how ’bout a refresher on what inbound marketing actually is, for those who aren’t all that familiar? (If this info is too basic for you, just skip ahead to #1.)
Inbound marketing refers to marketing methods designed to get the customer to come to you. With this type of marketing, companies attract new leads by providing useful or entertaining information. Basically, the customer opts-in — and this dramatically changes the dynamic of the relationship when compared with outbound marketing. Outbound, or traditional methods, thrust messages on the general public. Examples are tv commercials, radio ads, and internet banners. The problem with these types of advertising is people have become so bombarded with this type of marketing that they’ve learned to be really good at tuning them out.
And this is why so many marketers are turning to inbound — and having quite amazing success with it. The reputable stats below provide good evidence of this success:
1. Inbound leads cost 60% less than leads generated using outbound methods. –Search Engine Journal
2. Business-to-business companies with blogs produce 67% more leads monthly than those who don’t blog. —Social Media B2B
3. SEO is super important! 75% of people never go beyond the FIRST PAGE of search results. So make sure you’re constantly producing compelling content! –Hubspot
4. Websites with blogs have a whopping 97% more indexed links and 434% more indexed pages. (This amounts to greatly improved SEO, which we established as necessary in #3.) –ContentPlus
5. 23% of internet users’ online time is spent on social media and 8/10 people say they read blogs. –Content Marketing Institute
6. About 80% of internet users ignore Google-sponsored ads. –Search Engine Land
7. Users spend an average of only 10 seconds on your homepage before deciding whether they will stay or bounce. So make sure it is engaging! –Microsoft Research
Want to incorporate some inbound marketing methods but don’t know where to start? Lake34 is experienced in bringing even the most old-school companies up to speed with the most current (and cutting-edge) inbound marketing technologies and techniques.
Contact us if you’d like us to walk you through the most effective ways your company can overcome your most challenging sales and marketing obstacles to achieve your goals.